Here are 10 Quotes From Billionaire Mark Cuban To Inspire You To Work Your Butt Off! Mark Cuban, is a billionaire, Shark Tank investor, owner of the Dallas Mavericks. These quotes are motivational and inspiring for any entrepreneur.
1. “Most people think it’s all about the idea. It’s not. EVERYONE has ideas. The hard part is doing the homework to know if the idea could work in an industry, then doing the preparation to be able to execute on the idea.”
2. “Every no gets me closer to a yes.”
3. “What does it take to be a successful entrepreneur? It takes willingness to learn, to be able to focus, to absorb information, and to always realize that business is a 24/7 job where someone is always out there to kick your ass.”
4. “The only thing any entrepreneur, salesperson, or anyone in any position can control is their effort.”
5. “Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you.”
6. “Find something you love to do. If you don’t make money at it, at least you love going to work.”
7. “There are no shortcuts. You have to work hard, and try to put yourself in a position where if luck strikes, you can see the opportunity and take advantage of it. I would also say it’s hard not to fool yourself. Everyone tells you how they are going to be “special,” but few do the work to get there. Do the work.”
8. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because… All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.”
9. “There are no shortcuts. You have to work hard, and try to put yourself in a position where if luck strikes, you can see the opportunity and take advantage of it. I would also say it’s hard not to fool yourself. Everyone tells you how they are going to be “special,” but few do the work to get there. Do the work.”
10. “If you’re looking where everybody else is looking, you’re looking in the wrong spot.”
Mark Cuban, one of the most successful entrepreneurs that had emerge from the 90’s tech boom.
Love him or hate him, it’s hard not to admire his business success. Cuban started his first business, MicroSolutions, after he was fired from a sales position for meeting with a client to dicsuss new business when he should have been opening the store. He later sold it for $6 million.
His next venture was Audionet, which became Broadcast.com in 1995, growing to more than 300 employees by 1999. Broadcast was sold to Yahoo for almost $6 billion. Since then, Mark Cuban has invested in dozens of small businesses including SlideShare, Mahalo, IceRocket, and Flingo. He is probably most famous as the outspoken owner of the Dallas Mavericks. Over his career, Cuban has spoken at length about his experience as an entrepreneur, small business man, and investor. Here’s a sample of what he’s said that we find inspirational.