A Beginners Guide and Introduction to Ruby on Rails
Get the all new first edition of A beginners Guide and Introduction to Ruby on Rails. Available on Amazon for kindle download.
This 120 page book is exclusively available on Amazon Kindle. The guide is designed for beginners who want to get started with a Rails application from scratch. It does not assume that you have any prior experience with Rails. The eBook has 4 core chapters with easy to understand step-by-step, set up and deployment guide.
This guide will help you access the free and open source tools and software and take you step by step through the basics and foundation to working with Rails and coding in Ruby to build your first applications and websites.
The guide contains screenshots, code samples and resources with step by step instructions to help you get going quickly. So don’t get left behind, kick start your web development and applications off, by rocking your new skills with Ruby on Rails!
Chapter 1: Introduction
- What will we cover in this ebook (summery)
- What is Ruby on Rails (brief history and background)?
- What are the benefits?
- Why should I learn to code in Ruby
- Basic tools, resources, hardware/software what you need before you begin
- Model View Controllers
- Installing Rails Using Nitrous (https://www.nitrous.io/)
- Installing Rails Using The Rails Installer
- How to access your working files
Chapter 2: Walk Through
- Code organization
- Blog App and Model elements
- Controller and Views
- Using The Interface/Console
Chapter 3: Using Ruby On Rails
- Syntax and How to Run Ruby Code
- Objects and Classes
- The Self keyword
- Strings and Numeric’s in Ruby
- Arrays and Hashes
- (Exercises to practice simple tutorial)
- Control structures
Chapter 4: Building and Testing Your First App
- Domain Modeling
- Creating A Rails App
- Files and Exporting